Day 1: ARRIVE MUMBAIARRIVE MUMBAI From Kathmandu, fly to Mumbai. Upon arrival you will be welcomed and transferred to your hotel. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2: MUMBAI / BOMBAYMUMBAI / BOMBAY MUMBAI (BOMBAY) After breakfast proceed with full day city tour of Mumbai, visiting Gateway of India, Mumbai's principle landmark. This arch of yellow basalt was erected on the waterfront in 1924 to commemorate King George V's visit to this colony in 1911. Drive past the Afghan Church, Secretariat of Maharashtra Government and along the Marine Drive which is fondly known as the 'Queen's Necklace'. Visit Jain temple and Hanging Gardens, which offer a splendid view of the city, Chowpatty, Kamala Nehru Park and also Mani Bhavan where Mahatma Gandhi stayed during his visits to Mumbai. Drive past Haji Ali Mosque, a shrine in honour of a Muslim Saint on an island 500 m. out at sea and is linked by a causeway to the mainland. Stop at the 'Dhobi Ghat' where Mumbai's 'dirties' are scrubbed, bashed, dyed and hung out to dry. Watch the local train passing close by on which the city commuters 'hang out like laundry' - a nice photography stop. Continue to the colourful Crawford market and to the Flora fountain in the large bustling square, in the heart of the city.
Mumbai and its charm have been attracting millions of visitors every year. The capital of Maharastra, Mumbai is the economic hub of India, although you may find one of the biggest slums in Asia here. Mumbai is also the heart of Bollywood, it is the most glamourous and happening place in India. The saying ‘Mumbai never sleeps’ is apt.
- All current applicable taxes
- Our representative for assistance during arrival and departure transfer
- 3 nights’ accommodation on twin sharing basis at the hotels mentioned above or similar
- Road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges, Interstate taxes, and porter-age at all hotels and airports
- 2 Days On Coach SIC Basis
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours would be provide by the Air- conditioned Car
- Daily breakfast at all the above mentioned hotels